Saturday, February 25, 2006

Monroe "The Art Truck Guy" Lee, Democrat for Governor

In our quest to keep you notified of African American candidates running for statewide office in key battlegroud states, we could help but throw in a plug for Monroe Lee (D). Mr. Lee won't fare as well as Mr. Reed since he doesn't even have an email address. His statement on the complimentary Florida Elections Division web page:

I feel I am qualified for this office, me being born and raised in Florida and I am 51 years old. I have worked for the system for 45 years from picking cotton for 3ยข per pound in 1963 to work for the U.S. Dept. of Commerce (NOAA) NGS to architectural, engineering, built Interstate 10 & 75 (multi-billion dollar projects).

In his posted photo, Mr. Lee looks extremely young for 51. One could be inclined to believe that explorer Juan Ponce de' Leon did, indeed, discover the Fountain of Youth in 1513 during his travels through Florida.